Friday, October 16, 2009

Word Walls

Science word walls are a critical component of increasing the amount of "science talk" using proper science vocabulary in your classroom.  They provide a reference for students during science learning and discussion.  When used correctly, they are also part of Marzano's 6-step vocabulary process.

I understand that wall space is limited, but it helps students if words from the entire year of science can be posted as it is taught and left up for the rest of the year.  In bilingual classrooms especially space is limited.  Some of the word wall lists posted below are on sheets of paper.  Bilingual teachers print English on one side and Spanish on the other and then flip the page over depending on the language of instruction that day.

Kindergarten - English **
Kindergarten - Spanish **
** Thank you for sharing these with me, Tori!

1st Grade - English
1o grado - espanol

3rd grade - English
   --> Look in the C&I folder in First Class.  There are words with pictures for the entire year!

See HELP! if you have questions about downloading/printing.
I will add more as I make them.  Unfortunately, it's not a quick process.

No comments:

Post a Comment